Juniper Networks EX3400 Ethernet Switch delivers a high performance, flexible, and cost-effective solution for today’s most demanding converged data, voice, and video enterprise access environments. To simplify network operations, the EX3400 is hardware-ready1 to act as a satellite device to support a Juniper Networks Junos Fusion Enterprise deployment, which can combine several wiring closets into one logical management platform. The EX3400 also supports Juniper Networks Virtual Chassis technology, allowing up to 10 switches to be interconnected over uplink ports and managed as a single device, delivering a scalable, pay-as-you-grow solution for expanding network environments.
The Juniper Networks EX3400 Ethernet Switch with Juniper Networks Junos® Fusion Enterprise and Virtual Chassis technology provides enterprises with the flexibility and ease of management that previously was only available with higher-end access switches. The fixed-configuration EX3400 supports a number of key features, including:
- Junos Fusion Enterprise allows large numbers of EX3400 switches to be configured as satellite devices that connect to an EX9200 core aggregation switch to create a single logical device.
- 24-port and 48-port models with and without Power over Ethernet (PoE/PoE+) are for campus wiring closet deployments.
- Data center-optimized cooling options offer both front-to-back and back-to-front airflows, making the EX3400 suitable for GbE data center access deployments.
- Two redundant, field-replaceable power supplies each provide up to 920 watts of power.
- 24-port data center models are included for metro deployments.
- Four dual-mode (GbE/10GbE) small form-factor pluggable transceiver (SFP/SFP+) uplink ports and two 40GbE QSFP+ ports are available.
- Uplink ports can be configured as Virtual Chassis interfaces and connected via standard 10GbE/40GbE optic interfaces (40GbE uplink ports are preconfigured by default as Virtual Chassis ports).
- Comprehensive Layer 2 functionality with RIP and static routing is provided.
- A compact, 13.8-inch deep 1 U form factor supports flexible deployment options.
- An easy-to-manage solution includes centralized software upgrades and a single management interface.
- Support is available for the same consistent modular Juniper Networks Junos operating system control plane feature implementation used by all other Juniper fixed-configuration Juniper Networks EX Series Ethernet Switches.
- Support Is provided for Layer 3 (OSPF v2, IGMP v1/v2/v3, PIM, VRRP, Q-in-Q, BFD, virtual router) via an enhanced feature license (optional license required).
- Support is available for IPv6 management, including neighbor discovery, stateless auto configuration, telnet, SSH, DNS, system log, NTP, ping, traceroute, ACL, CoS static routing, and RIPng.
- IPv6 routing features (OSPFv3, virtual router support for unicast, VRRPv6, PIM, MLDv1/v2) are supported via an enhanced feature license.
- Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) capability is provided.