The Juniper Networks® EX2300 line of Ethernet switches offers a compact, high-performance solution for supporting today’s converged network access deployments.
Each EX2300 switch includes an ASIC-based Packet Forwarding Engine (PFE) with an integrated CPU to consistently deliver wire-rate forwarding, even with all control plane features enabled. Based on existing, field-proven Juniper Networks technology, the PFE brings the same level of carrier-class performance and reliability to the EX2300 switches that Juniper Networks routers bring to the world’s largest service provider networks.
Select EX2300 models also support the 802.3af Class 3 Power over Ethernet (PoE) and 802.3at PoE+ standards for supporting networked devices such as telephones, video cameras, IEEE 802.11ac WLAN access points, and videophones in converged networks. The PoE-enabled EX2300 switches include a maximum system budget of 750 watts to deliver up to 30 watts to select ports.
Multiple EX2300 models are available, including versions offering multigigabit (up to 2.5 Gbps) PoE+ access ports that can accommodate higher-speed IEEE 802.11ac Wave 2 access points, enabling the switches to support more wireless users.
The EX2300 fixed-configuration Ethernet switches provide exceptional value to enterprise customers by supporting the following key technologies:
- Virtual Chassis technology enables up to four interconnected EX2300 switches to form a single logical device.
- Flexible 1GbE SFP/10GbE SFP+ uplinks provide high-speed connectivity to aggregation layer switches or other upstream devices.
- Up to 48 10/100/1000BASE-T ports are available with or without PoE/PoE+.
- Models offering 24 and 48 multigigabit ports support 1GbE/2.5GbE on 8 and 16 ports, respectively
- Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) support is provided on 1GbE ports.
- Complete Layer 2 and basic Layer 3 switching capabilities are available.
- Simplified onboarding and management with Juniper Mist Wired Assurance.
Additional features include:
- PoE-enabled EX2300 switches can simultaneously deliver up to 15.4 watts of standards-based 802.3af Class 3 PoE to a maximum of 48 ports or 30 watts of standards-based 802.3at PoE+ to a maximum of 24 ports, based on a total system budget of 750 watts.
- Uplink ports can be configured as Virtual Chassis interfaces and connected via standard 10GbE optics interfaces (optional Virtual Chassis license required).
- Fixed power supply and uplink ports ensure operational simplicity.
- Low power consumption, low acoustic fans, and a small 10-inch deep footprint enable flexible, environmentally friendly deployment.
- Support for L2 protocols as well as L3 protocols like RIP and static routing are included in the base license.
- Support is available for IPv6 management, including neighbor discovery, telnet, SSH, DNS, system log, and NTP.
- A single release train for Juniper Networks Junos operating system is supported to ensure a consistent control plane feature implementation.
- Modular Junos OS prevents a switch reboot if a single protocol feature fails.
- Built-in Web interface (Juniper Networks J-Web Software) is provided.
- RJ-45 serial console port is available.
- USB mini console port is included on 1GbE access switch models.
- Out-of-band Ethernet management port is provided.
- Reduction of Hazardous Waste (RoHS) is certified.